My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 28 July 2013

OSAAT #174 Anything Goes

There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At  A Time 

Anything Goes

Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet and there is a fabulous prize of all the images used by the DT on Challenge #172 for the lucky winner who uses a Store image.

Please head on over to the NEW LOOK  & REBRANDED Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.

Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can sign up to the newsletter & become a follower at the


You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store

* * * * * * * * * * *


It was my turn to choose this week and we are using an image from Floppy Latte Designs called Simple Framed Flowers. It is such a very elegant design and great for any occasion. In this instance I chose to make a Thank You card for a friend’s Mother in South Africa as she will be playing host to us all for 2 weeks.

As this post goes live I will be in Johannesburg having spent 5 nights at the Kruger National Park in South Africa (as long as I haven’t been eaten by a lion or something!). I found out what Hester’s favourite colours are and have coloured this up using them.

I created a second layer of just the flowers on their own and these are mounted with 3d foam and have glossy accents on them. The image has been matted on Kraft paper and then added to glittery paper from a First Edition pad. The trim is metallic with small sequins on it and is the perfect match to the colours. I used a glittery fabric butterfly sticker and added it to some scrap red card. I trimmed around it adding some gems to the body and mounted on 3d foam.

The sentiment is rub on’s from K & Co that I have had in my stash for at least 8 years. I am really trying to use things that I haven’t even see for a good many years as you tend to use what you can see more easily don’t you?

* * * * * * * * * * *
 Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – A6
Paper – Blank Canvas First Edition Pad
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, 3d foam pads
Embellishments – Glossy Accents, gems from Dovecraft, Fabric butterfly sticker Hobbycraft, K & Co Rub-ons, sequin braid

4 comments:

Hazel said...

A lovely card which I hope Hester liked. I also hope that you're having a great time on your holiday. Hazel x

Desire Fourie said...

Just so elegant. Love the flowers and warm colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Mimi said...

Beautiful creation Mandy, loving the colour scheme and the clean, classy look of this card. Hugs Jane xxxx

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely card and colors. Like Mimi said it is classy.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com