There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and this time it is everyone’s favourite
We are sponsored this wek by the fabulous Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.
The lucky crafter who uses a Stitchy store image will win the last Collaboration the DT used.
Please head on over to the Stitchy Bear Store to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.
Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can become a follower at the
You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store
* * * * * * * * * * *
It was my turn to pick an image for me and teamie Choccy to work with and I thought it would be nice to do something a little bit different this time. It’s always nice to show that our images can be made into more than just cards and this inspired me to make a 3D flower vase from an image called Flowers in A Glass from Floppy Latte Designs.
I am known in the family for keeping bits and bobs that I can use in my crafting. I think anyone crafty can see the potential in the most unusual of items. I love to breathe new life into things and feel as a crafter that my job it to make the world more beautiful and spread a little happiness J
The flowers in the vase have been in my stash for about 4 years. I bought them from a housewares shop in Ludlow, they are crystals and there were several ‘flowers’ and ‘leaves’ on each stem so I of course took them apart intending to incorporate them into a project. I am so happy that I managed to ACTUALLY make something with them. They are so similar to the flowers in the image I think it was meant to be.
The basis of the flower vase is a cardboard sweetie tube so I sized up the image for the narrow point of the neck to be slightly wider to hide it. I cut the tube down to hide behind the top of the image and then covered it with some scrap card.
The image was coloured with Promarkers & Flexmarkers and then I added some gold gel pen to the flower centres and to add some gilding to the lines of the vase. The background of the vase is a coloured a very pale pink to accent the colours from the flowers. The nib on the Flemarker was perfect for this and made it so there were no streaks at all. In fact one of my work colleagues thought I had actually printed it out and couldn’t believe I had coloured it, this was an amazing compliment J
I used a very strong glue to add the image to the tube as there is only a small strip that touches it needed to be a strong hold.
The inside of the tube has been packed with some very thin white foam which I rolled up fairly tightly. This gave me lots of areas to be able to poke the flowers into and the stems with the clear ‘leaves’.
This was a lot of fun to make, the flowers are about £1’s worth so cost next very little as everything else is recycled and I made something beautiful. I hope it has inspired you to look at your images a little differently and think outside the box.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Project size - 8cm Wide x 15cm High
Ingredients – Crystal flowers, scrap cardstock, thin foam packaging, sweetie tube
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Gold Gel pen
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 613 Avenue Create – #2 Anything Goes
- Art Impressions Stamps – #95 Bling It On
- Artistic Inspirations – #22 Anything Goes
- Can You Digi It - #26 Sparkle Sparkle
- Card Makin’ Mamas – Anything Goes
- Clear It Out Challenge – Texture (Flowers 4 years old)
- Corrosive Challenge - #165 Old Stash (Flowers 4 Years Old)
- Crafting For All Seasons - #43 Use Something New (digi)
- Crafty Blogger’s Network - #7 Flowers
- Crafty Creations – #204 Something New (digi)
- Crazy Challenge - #136 No Designer Paper
- Digi Haven – Sparkles & Bling
- Diva’s By Design – #67 Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges - #48 Anything Goes
- Freshly Brewed Designs - #1 Anything Goes
- Glitter & Sparkle - #15 Use a Digi
- Inky Chicks - #1 Anything Goes
- Inspire Me Fridays - #91 Anything Goes
- Lexi’s Creations - #81 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon - #167 Bling
- My Graphico – #143 Anything Goes
- Nana Vic’s – Anything Goes
- One Crazy Stamper – Anything Goes
- Paper Crafting Journey – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays – #102 Sparkle Glitter & Shine
- Penny’s Paper Crafty - #109 Anything Goes
- Platypus Creek - #23 Anything Goes
- Scrap It Girl – Bling Glitter Shine Sparkle
- Simply Create – #17 Anything Goes
- Stamp n Doodle – Something Neglected (Flowers bought 4 years ago)
- Stamping With The Dragon – Anything Goes
- The Squirrel & the Fox – #35 Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door - #51 Anything Goes