My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 26 January 2013

Happy New Camera


My hubby has just upgraded his DSLR camera and one of our very best friends has bought it off him. We were due to met him in Brum and literally half an hour before we went out Paul said ‘do we have a happy new camera card’ ? Of course I didn’t…. I mean niche or what?

So he really wanted me to make one as it is a special ‘man’ event to have your 1st DSLR big grown up camera so I was racking my brains what to make. I was convinced I had a camera image digi somewhere but could not find one in my collection. I realised I was getting confused as I had recently seen a rubber stamp in an email from  the Glitterpot site which is like a collage of lots of camera images. So, obviously pushed for time I went hunting in my digi stash and found this old camera image freebie from Beyond The Fringe Crafts. I used a polaroid digi from Tiffany Doodles and inserted a sentiment from Random Thoughts at Linda’s Place

The image has been printed out, coloured with a pale grey Promarker and mounted onto 3d foam. I added a grey square to the polaroid and then overlaid the sentiment. The cardblank was covered with a spotty paper from a Dovecraft First editions pad called Noir Chic which I have had for about 4 months and not used before. I see these pretty Dovecraft pads and HAVE to have them. I use most of them straight away but hadn’t this one. I think maybe it is because the papers have a greenish tinge to them

Anyway, it was quite a quick card to put together once I stopped panicking and decided what I was going to do. Paul like it and our friend Scott absolutely loved it and that it was made for this special event.

For me, it is as CAS a card as I have ever made and quite a shock to my system I can tell you!!

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-

Card Size – 4” Square
Images – Polaroid by Tiffany Doodles & Vintage Camera from Beyond The Fringe Crafts
Sentiment – Random Thoughts at Linda’s Place
Paper – Noir Chic First Edition pad from Dovecraft

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

28 comments:

Linda said...

Oh ..Love it Mandy!! Great job! Thanks for including my bit of thought. :)

Marjorie said...

It just goes to show, any occasion can be celebrated, what a lovely thought and something to treasure! Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week at 'Make it Monday!.. Good luck in the draw!..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Carmen said...

Oh my, that turned out so nice, especially considering it was made on the run. I'll bet he was surprised to get such a nice card along with the camera. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog as well!

Dawid Trzepizor said...

It's very original and simply card. I love it. Thanks for playing with us on Kenny K's Krafty Krew this week.

Hugs,
Dawid

My Creative Therapy said...

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for another great entry this week. I love the CAS style and the quote is perfect. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood this week at 613 Avenue Create!

Kathi
Co-Owner

my blog
http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/

Daisychain said...

Another great card Mandy, just right for the occassion. Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

Anonymous said...

Mandy~It is perfect & certainly a card that could go for either a man or a woman. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs~
Patti

Chana Malkah said...

Another great creation, Mandy! I love CAS well done and this is very well done! Thanks for playing on our street at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Denise Pustelniak said...

Lovely card, love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

This card is stunning Mandy.

Happy husbands make much better husbands don't they? I hope he has lots of fun with the new camera.

Hugs,
Lisa

Unknown said...

Mandy, this is gorgeous, I love the clean and vintage style of your card. Wishing you a lovely Sunday xx

Basslady said...

this is so cool and stylish! love it!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Louise said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Eureka Stamps :) xxx

Lozzy said...

great card, love your design and how the sentiment looks like it has just come out of a polaroid camera. thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers this month.
Lozzy x

Karen Letchworth said...

I really enjoy your sweet cards, Mandy. Thanks for sharing your talents with us, and please know that I really enjoy your work. I look forward to seeing more of your sweet cards in the future weeks.
Blessings,
karen, DT Member
Eureka Stamps

Dewi Lestari said...

Such a great card. Thanks for joining at A & T: Polkadot
Hugs
Dewi

Crafty and Green said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for playing with us for Challenge #23 Anything Goes at Eureka Stamps!! We can't wait for you to come back and play along with us again soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina- Eureka DT

Priscilla said...

What a pleasure to visit your creation. Nice Anything goes.Thank you so much for playing the cdac challenges. Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
Priscilla

Unknown said...

Hi Mandy,
Wow, that sounds like my husband. Always at the last minute he is asking me for some "off the beaten path" card. You did a great job coming up with a fun card! I love the sentiment too! Thanks so much for entering this fun project at CDAC for the Anything Goes Challenge.
-Shelly
Shelly's Images.com

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a cool card, Amanda. I love the image - our middle daughter collects antique cameras because she is an avid photographer. LOVE this!
Thanks for sharing it in our challenges, and please come back soon. I really enjoy your cards.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Amanda,
It's obvious that you work very well under pressure. What a clever idea and so nicely put together.
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Mina said...

wow stunning cas card Mandy, I love the design its perfect...thanks for joining in with our Crafts & Me Challenge
Mina xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Mandy, what a stunning card. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

hazel said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining us a Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

RoseC said...

Mandy, your beautiful vintage camera looks fabulous surrounded by the sentiment framed polaroid on this fun card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

craftymum said...

Wonderful!. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our CAS challenge

Sarah x

Life - Up, Down & Sideways said...

What a great card. Leave it to husbands to think of the darnedest things. Thanks for playing along with our Polka-dot challenge at Crafting by Designs.

Tammy S.

In paper heaven said...

What a great idea. I have a few camera bugs in my family. Eccentric, I Love it. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
Loretta