My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 22 October 2012

Daisy Doodles #70 Halloween

 


Over at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges we have a new challenge today

Halloween

*********************************************
  

 


For my project I have used both images that come in the Li’l Witch set. You get both the witch and her cauldron in 3 formats for only $3.

Head over to the Daisy Doodles Store to check these out and all the other great digi’s that are available !

*********************************************

I decided I wanted to do something fun and a little different for me so I played about with the images to make labels for a bottle of Witches’ Brew. I’m thinking mulled wine you have made yourself as perhaps a gift for the host’s at a house party, adding a fun twist to the Halloween theme, afterall it doesn’t have to be for children does it?

I have used a freebie frame and manipulated the shape so it fit the images and the size of the wine bottle. I coloured my images in with Promarkers and Flexmarkers keeping to a simple colour palette. The front label uses the cauldron and I added some text for Witches Brew. The poor little froggy is sweating, not sure if it is because of the warmth of the fire, but I think it is more likely he has been thrown into the pot. The back label has the Li’l Witch and an allergy notice just in case !

To finish off I added a collar to the neck of the bottle with scraps of My Minds Eye Penny Lane paper and a border of black card which has been punched with a Fiskars border. I of course had to pop some hooj spiders on the top to frighten off all but the most hardy of souls, it is Halloween afterall LOL

I had so much fun making this. I’ve never been one for Halloween but it is one of the best times for a designer to just run with a theme and have a ball. The best bit is I get to polish off the bottle…. Win Win J

I hope you will pop over to the blog to see the lovely creations on there from the rest of the DT and we look forward to seeing your entries in for our Halloween

I'll see you again next time with another lovely Daisy Doodles design.


Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Paper – My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane
Embellishments – Hooj spiders from Poundland
Tools - Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Fiskars border punch
Techniques - Punching

I would like to enter this project into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

1 comment:

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Yet another great project Mandy. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
cardsbyladyanne