My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 6 May 2012

OSAAT #112 Mum's Theme



There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At  A Time and the theme is

For Mum
In celebration of Mother’s Day in the USA on 13th May

We are sponsored this week by Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps and one lucky winner will receive the Full Mini Collaboration pack the DT have used



The DT are all using products from the new Mini Collaboration pack. There will be a new one available every Fortnight for 1 week only. The Mini Collab is free with a purchase from the store of only $7

Please head on over to the Stitchy Bear Store to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are always some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.




Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can become a follower at the




Don’t forget that we have changed the prize structure. You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store

* * * * * * * * * * *




It was my turn to choose and image for myself and Choccy to work with and I decided I wanted to do something a little different this time. May I introduce you to the extremely elegant Lady Jane from Stitchy Stamps. Oh that I could look so elegant in a smashing hat like that……

Now I have to admit with a very hectic life at Casa Cruxton at the moment I have been struggling with crafty time and my mojo had disappeared. In times like this one has to clamour for inspiration from whatever sources you can.

The colour inspiration for this card came from a pair of knickers…… yes you did hear right, a pair of knickers! I wouldn’t normally mention such things you understand but in this particular pair it has the very vibrant blue overlaid by a patterned lace in the dark blue and you can see the brighter colour underneath with a small accent bow in the more vibrant blue. Armed with said knickers I set to work selecting my Promarker colours and did a bit of decoupage on the gorgeous titfer. I added some stickles glitter glue on the feathers and the jewellery. I cut the image out using a Nellie Snellen die and a frame in dark blue card. I snipped the scallops off the image and scuffed the edges with a pair of scissors.

Now with crafty mojo temporarily deserting me I did what any crafter would do….. popped some things in my shopping basket. Crafts 4 you are having a closing down sale and amongst other things some pretty My Minds Eye papers just happened to fall into my basket. I thought this dainty pattern in tones of blue would be a nice contrast to the bolder colours. Then would you know it I finds out there are some special Summer colour Promarkers which I just had to purchase from Joanna Sheen and look what fell in my basket….. a gorgeous Cheery Lynn die that I have lusted over. In this case I feel that this elegant swirl is the perfect compliment for this card and therefore fully justifies my purchase.

To complete this card I have used a very old mottled vellum as the base paper which I must have had for at least 6 years, all the other cardstock is snippets from my craft box I have alongside me at all times. It is quite a large box but I make a point of rifling through this for matting and layering bits before I cut anything else up. There are still huge amounts in there but I always feel that if I use up even one piece from there I have made some inroads, so with 3 pieces I am feeling almost angelic J

The ribbon is a freebie from a magazine, the felt butterfly from the pound shop, self adhesive pearls from K & Co and the sentiment circle is from Craftwork Cards.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Image Lady Jane by Stitchy Stamps
Paper – My Minds Eye
Embellishments – Felt Butterfly, pearls, ribbon, Craftwork Cards sentiment, stickles glitter glue
Tools – Promarkers, Flexmarkers, Cheery Lynn & Nellie Snellen dies, scissors for scuffing paper
Techniques – Die cutting, distressing Decoupage

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-


53 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful card Mandy.
Hugs Nat

Catherine said...

Beautiful elegant card,,,

Hazel said...

Beautiful, Mandy, this was the first image I worked with on the DT. Your colours are lovely - chosen by knicker or not! Hazel x

Choccy said...

The knickers worked wonders Mandy lol. The colour is gorgeous !! You picked a fabby image for us to work with :O)
Your card is adorable

Choccy xx

Marjo said...

Great card Mandy, awesome inspiration...lol Have a great week, I hope things calm down at Casa Cruxton.

hugs Marjo

Sassy Raggedy said...

Lovely Card. Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Crafting Corner. Sassy Raggedy DT Member

shulsart said...

Very classy card, Mandy. Our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is to make your own flowers using a die or punch but I did enjoy seeing your card. Perhaps you will visit us again.

Unknown said...

This is so cute, Love the image and the hat.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs DT Tammy Ortiz

Mary said...

I love your card and I love how you got your inspiration for the colors that you used. :) Amazing how we can find inspiartaion just about every where.

Mary

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Very pretty card! Love all the work you put into this. Thank you for sharing with us on the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge Blog.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mandy. This is such a fab card. Love the design and your pretty colours. Great image too, and with the gorgeous flourish, its the perfect addition.
Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Lisa (aka CropDropNRoll) said...

Beautiful card, Mandy. Love that blue! Thanks for playing along with Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Debbie said...

I just love the vintage feel of this, maybe it's the hat. So pretty in blue. Thanks for joining us at TSB Monochromatic Blue Challenge - good luck in the draw.

Debbit TSB DT

Miranda said...

very pretty card Mandy, gorgeous
love the image
thanks for joining the stamping boutique challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
TSB DT

Sheila H said...

So lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Siv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deesdesigns said...

Love the vintage feel to you card and the blue is such a nice change from the traditional vintage card. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us for our Anything Goes challenge at Aud Sentiments!

Siv said...

A blue girly card - that is so cool!
(BTW; I removed the previous comment because of spelling error..)
Thanks for taking part of our girly challenge at the Southern girls - hope to see you again!
Hugs Siv ~ Norway

Janice said...

Another great card with lovely ise of die cuts. Thanks again for joining us at an OBAG, Jx

Chana Malkah said...

Another beauty, Mandy. I adore the image, so classy! Thanks so mcuh for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

Big Hugz,
Chana

Julia said...

Lovely creation!!! Thanks for joining The Stamping Boutique!
Hugs,
Julia

Marie said...

Oh so elegant, Mandy. Thanks for sharing at FTTC.

Stampalicious said...

What a pretty card, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop this week, hugs, martina

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!~

Tracy said...

Fab entry, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

sara said...

beautiful very elegant card thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
hugs sara x x

Steph said...

What a gorgeous, elegant card! Love that beautiful blue! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! X

Jayne A said...

gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us this week at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne
x

Mary Jo said...

Terrific monochromatic card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Joanie said...

Fab card, love the colour and design

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Pat said...

Absolutely lovely. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Unknown said...

Really super fun design.Thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel Uk this week.

Kerry DT Leader

Jenny said...

Oh my, gotta love that hat!! Great Mom card! So glad you joined us at Great Impressions Stamps!

Designing with Debbie said...

Pretty card, lovely shades of blue. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous Mandy, thank you for sharing it with us at crafty Ann's
Ann x

Angélique said...

Another gorgeous creation!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge :) Hope you'll play with us again at Wags'nWhiskers challenges

*hugs*
Angélique - DT

michele said...

Fabulous card Mandy! Thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Mema's Crafts said...

Hi Mandy, your card is lovely as usual. Thanks for playing along with Mema's Crafts Bingo and Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Berit Synnøve said...

Beautiful card Mandy !
Love your colors.
Thanks for joining Crafts 4 Eternity this week.
It's a new challenge today so come over and join us.
Hugs Berit

Jenscrapstoo said...

Great card, love your colouring!! Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie

Electra said...

This is really lovely-I Like the hat especially. Thanks for being Soartful with us this week!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful card, I love the stylish image and the flourish is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Claire said...

BEautiful card, very stylish and elegant and I love the cool blues. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and
PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

Min said...

Lovely!
Thanks so much for playing along this week with The Catch The Bug, Bugaboo Stamps "Anything Goes" Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again tomorrow for a new challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Unknown said...

Beautiful card very very elegant !! Thank You for joining us in the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge xx

kbrandy4 said...

Fabulous card Mandy!! Thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Unknown said...

Very elegant card - thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely card Mandy! I am just getting around to my commenting! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Judy x

Mina said...

wow beaitifully elegant card Mandy, great design too...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Anne said...

What an elegant card! Thank you for joining us for this week’s Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll play again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Suzie McFloozy said...

Fab card - love the sweet image x
Thanks for playing along with us at Jellypark & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Tracey said...

Oh this is so sweet. Thank you so much for joining us at The Squirrel & The Fox this fortnight, I hope we'll see you again soon.
Tracey
x

suzARTe said...

this card is so elegant and beautiful, I love all the pretty shades of blue.

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along, sorry it has taken me so long to leave a comment, I have been away on holidays.