My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 10 October 2011

Daisy Doodles #44 Columbus Day




At Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges we have a new challenge today which in honour of Columbus Day has a theme of boats, beach related or just relaxing.
It all sounds pretty good to me J

*********************************************

Let me introduce you to just one of the fab images from the Summer Fun set. You get 10 images for the amazing price of only $6, it is exceptional value and and really useful set to have in your digi collection. Head ove to the Daisy Doodles Store to check out the images!


I coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, creating a second layer for the top of the palm trees and the hammock. I cut into the leaves on the palms so I could layer them up on different depths of foam pads, it makes it really textured and tactile.

All the papers and glittered stickers are from DCWV and have been laid onto the card following the latest card sketch over at Midnight Madness sketches. I used blue card from my stash to mat the main image, create a punched border for the yellow hibiscus flowers and mat the Nestabilies die cut sentiment which is a freebie from Jacquie’s Creative Word Art.

*********************************************

I hope you will pop over to the blog to see the lovely creations on there from the rest of the DT and we look forward to seeing your entries in for our ‘Columbus Day’ challenge.

I'll see you again next week with another lovely Daisy Doodles design.


Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Patterned Paper – DCWV
Sentiment – Freebie from Jacquie’s Creative Word Art.
Embellishments – glitter stickers fro DCWV
Tools - Scissors, 3d Foam pads, Promarkers/Flexmarkers, Fiskars Punch, Nestabilities die
Techniques – punching, decoupage

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-


12 comments:

Marlene said...

Ahhhh...I could handle being in that scene today! :) Gorgeous card, Mandy!

Kathleen said...

Fab card, great scene, wouldnt we all just love to be there.
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat xx

Kary said...

Aww.. Mandy, this card is so sweet!! Love the fun image and the sentiment!! Great card!

Joanie said...

Wish I could climb into that hammock!
Great card. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes, Joanie

Linda said...

Ahhh sot relaxing! I love it. The sentiment is wonderful!

Lin said...

How lovely to see you have not forgotten us Mandy!

Love your 'relaxing' card and that sentiment is right up my street!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

Sally said...

Such a fun design, I feel like getting into that hammock myself! Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Rene said...

LOL! Your sentiment and image are perfection together!!!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the winning for this week's prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw it on MIM. The more comments, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
Rene ;D

Gurkiss said...

Nice card...

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

Hug Gurkiss

Kristen H said...

I love hammocks. I use a hammock for relaxation, even though mine is only in my head! I visualize rocking next to the oceans, and by the time I get to the smell of the salty air I am sound asleep.
This card is GREAT! Thank you for the relaxing visual.
Also, thank you for joining in with us at the Opus Gluei this week! We are glad you joined in!!!

See you soon!

Jana said...

I LOVE that sentiment. It is so very true. Love that hammock image too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Deena said...

I love everything about this card...thanks for joining us at the opus gluei this week...hope to see you again next week!