My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Friday 12 August 2011

Dance Like No One's Watching


There is an absolutely amazing progressive freebie challenge over at the CDAC. We're on round 1 at the moment which is open for 4 weeks, the other 5 rounds will be open for 2. For this 1st section you register for the freebies and you have to make a minimum of 1 card to be entered into the next round. We have been given 6 fabulous images and this is one of them from Whoopsi Daisy who is an artist new to the CDAC.

If you haven't registered yet you've still got time, pop over to this post and it will explain everything for you.

I have to admit this is the first Whoopsi Daisy image I have coloured and it is just so beautiful. I have used my Promarkers and I was glad of my tiny nibs I can tell you ! I have used a palette of purples as they are my fave colour and I felt it would suit this pretty image. I cut the digi out using a Nestabilities die, distressed the edge with scissors and added some ink to the rough edges.

I used a sketch from Priscilla's Challenge site Midnight Madness sketches and flipped it as the sentiment looked better in the space at the bottom rather than the top. The sentiment is a freebie from Inspired Mommie Designs which I have had for years now. The papers are all scraps from DCWV and MME

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Image - Dance by Whoopsi Daisy
Paper - DCWV & My Minds Eye (more snippets used!!)
Tools - Scissors, Nestabilities die, Promarkers, 3d foam
Techniques - Die cutting, faux stitching, distressing

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

18 comments:

Marita said...

Åååå, so cute card♥. Love it.

Have a nice weekend.

Hugs Marita♫♫

Jacki Daniels said...

Mandy what a beautiful card I was goning to use this image too she is adorable isn't she wish I could do digi's like this lol better get on with my card
Jacki xx

Candy C said...

Hello Mandy. Your card is darling. Love the bright colors. So pretty. The stamped image is very cute as well. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

BettyBee said...

Mandy - your card is just precious! Love the purples. Aren't Whoopsi Daisy images just adorable? :) Great card!!!
Hugs,
BettyBee

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

I love this image :) Your card is amazing. Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday....

Hugs
Bella

Jules said...

Hello again Mandy

My you are on a roll this week!!! What an inspiration you are.

Another lovely card .. .. such a sweet and well coloured image and a great sentiment to go alongside.

Thank you for sharing so many lovely snippet makes this week.

Love Jules xx

Brodders said...

Cute card and image Mandy. Thanks for joining us at cupcakes this week and good luck - Jane x

odskocznia jutki said...

słodka karteczka zapraszam do siebie na bloga :)

America said...

TOO CUTE!!! FUN take on the MMSC sketch!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blog this week! Hope to see you again next time! :)

Kelly said...

Cute card, thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy this week

Debs M said...

love the colours and image x

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - your use of snippets is excellent and your colouring of the image is gorgeous. Love that sentiment too. Elizabeth x

mrsk06 said...

Such a sweet card Mandy its perfect for our soft and sweet challenge at Cupcake Craftroom! Thanks for playing along and hope to see you again soon! Hugz Sal x

Denise @ kc242 said...

what a fun ballarina card. I love your color selections as well as that adorable image! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT
I have CHA blog candy available if you are interested!

LindaS said...

Adorable card. Love the clean look and the colors.Thanks for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, LindaS/MMSC GDT

Anne said...

A beautiful ard with a beautiful image! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs from Anne

Regan said...

Very sweet! Adorable image and love the purple papers! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs for our distressing challenge! :)
{hugs}
Regan ~ Design Team

Trinh said...

Aww, this is so sweet! Love the color scheme & that pretty little girl. Thanks for playing in a MD challenge!