There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and to tie in with the new store collaboration we have a them of Back to School or Job Related
We have a prize for one lucky winner which is the whole collab pack for free !! What a fabulous prize, you will win all these fabulous digis :-
If you don't already subscribe to the Stitchy Bear Newsletter I would suggest that you sign up as you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
In the spotlight this week is Tami, the fabulous designer from Gingerloft. I have been very fortunate to have worked with some of her designs and they have produced some cards I am really proud of.
Pop over to the store and make sure you sign up for it. While you are there don't forget that for the Month of July we have a new store collab with the theme of Weddings & Sympathy which is free with a $10 purchase. This will be your last chance to get it before the new one goes into the store tomorrow so you'll have to be quick!
We have an amazing opportunity for you too. To celebrate the ad campaign we are having in Papercraft Essentials Magazine and to reward our loay followers we are having a "Pretty in Print" contest.
Who wouldn't want the opportunity to be published ? Please click on the link above to be taken to the post on OSAAT which explains all the rules for entry.
* * * * * * * * * * *
For my card for this challenge I have used a fabulous digi from Delicious Doodles from the August store collab. When I saw the artists palette I was inspired to make an easel card and planned to actually put a picture that had been 'painted' onto the easel.
I made the easel by placing lollypop sticks in an easel shape onto the vertical part of the card. I made a canvas from a part of one of my pretty glitter papers from Dovecraft, mounted it onto a piece of chipboard for stability and glued it to the easel. I used a small brown inkpad to add a bit of colour to the outside of the card and also to the easel.
The artists palette has been coloured with Marvy Le Plume pens and attached to the easel.
The lower portion of the card has been covered with one of the papers in the same pad. I have made the easel stopper with one of the same flowers as in the paper above and attached with 3D foam. The sentiment panel is a Marianne Creatables die cut and the quote is one I found on the internet that for me sums up all us arty people.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - 6" easel card
Image - Artists Palette by Delicious Doodles
Papers - Sweet Blossom First Edition pad by Dovecraft
Tools - 3D Foam, Marvy Le Plume pens, die from Marianne Creatables
Embellishments - lollipop sticks
Techniques - distressing, die cut, shaped card
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 4 Crafty Chicks #48 - Get Your Bling On
- Anything Goes #46 - Lots of Flowers
- Bizzy Becs - Borders & Frames
- Clear It Out Tuesday - Anything Goes
- Crafty Ho's - Anything Goes
- Daisy Doodles #38 - Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best #69 - Anything goes
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Fresh Brewed Designs #57 - Shaped Cards
- Gingerloft #22 - Make it sparkle
- House of Gilli - Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built DCC720 - Glitter
- Lexi's Creations #45 - Shaped Card
- Mami Doodles #31 - Flowers
- Meljen's Design's #69 - Use a frame (hope you consider the easel to be a frame)
- Outlawz Greeting Card Monday GC072511 - Anything But Square
- Paper Creators Crafts #4 - Say It With Flowers
- Paper Shelter #24 - Anything Goes
- Papercraft Star #55 - Anything goes
- Partytime Tuesday #26 - Anything Goes
- Phindy's Friday Challenge #66 - Use a Die Cut
- Sew Many Challenges #62 - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp - Shaped Cards
- Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes
- Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Back to School
- Totally Papercrafts #77 - Bling It Up
- Totally Stampalicious - Anything Goes
- Whoopsi Daisy - Anything But Square
- Word Play Weekend #11 - Sparkle