My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 8 November 2009

365 Cards Day 224

I had some free papers recently that came with a magazine and I was inspired to get back in my craft room. Following Mum's death my emotions have been all over the place and at one point I sat at my desk and just couldn't make a card. I was surrounded by lots of lovely things and just had no enthusiasm for anything. I took the bull by the horns when I saw these little penguins, they are so cute how can one resist? I was also very lucky that there were 2 sets of the papers in my magazine so have got more to play with :)

Day 224's challenge at 365 Cards was to use fussy cutting to create a foreground and background. I find cutting out and decoupage very therapeutic as you have to concentrate. The paper pack had 4 images the same. The back layer is the whole image. This is mounted onto blue card, then a lovely pearlescent paper from Imaginisce then onto the card blank leaving a small border of the blue colour. The next layer of the image is just the penguins, the next layer is the larger penguin and the last layer is the hats and scarves. The image was layered using 3d foam pads for dimension. I added Stickles glitter glue to the trim on the hats and to the stars in the sky. The sentiment was cut from the collection name on the paper pack, mounted onto blue card and layered on 3d foam.

1 comment:

Sarn said...

That's cute Mandy . . . glad you've managed to get crafting again. xxxx