My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 3 June 2009

365 Day 87, Papertake 16 & Flutterby Wednesday

I am very proud of this card because the wordart on it was MADE BY ME !!! I have done my own digital wordart and I am really chuffed with how it came out.

For a long while now I have been downloading freebie digital scrapbooking kits but other than printing out a few elements to make cards I haven't really done much with them. I used a free kit called Cinnamon Spice designed by Stacey Towers over at Stacey's Scraps. She is one of a group of very talented designers who regularly give away full kits as freebies and this is still available (link are to her blog and the kit)

The original bracket was square and I changed the shape to fit the quote. The colour was terracotta but I just played about with it in PaintShop Pro to try and alter the colour and it worked! I changed the colour of the swirl in the background too. The hardest part was getting the wordart to look right, it always looks effortless when you download them, it may be to them but it wasn't to me!

The challenge over at 365 Card for day 87 was to use the word 'eye' on your card. I didn't think I had anything in my stash so decided to look on the tinterweb and find a quote. I came across a fabulous site called Quotes Daddy. They have a huge database which is searchable by keyword, I typed in eye and went from there. The quote I used is from Audrey Hepburn and I thought it was beautiful.

" For beautiful eyes look for the good in others
For beautiful lips speak only words of kindness
And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone"

I thought it would be a great quote for a RAK card to cheer someone up who is going through a rough patch. Who knew Audrey Hepburn was so wise ??

The layout of the card is sketch # 16 at Papertake Weekly. All the papers on this card are scraps, the butterflies are from a Forever Friends pad by Papermania. The floral is a Creative Tones pad also by Papermania. The ribbon is cut from the same sheet. Sakura glear glitter has been added to all the spots on the butterflies and I have used Stickles for the centres of all the flowers.

Last but not least I have added a glittered butterfly diecut from Let's Make Cards. The butterflies have allowed me to enter it into Danni's Flutterby Wednesday challenge # 60 for this week.

5 comments:

Danni said...

What a pretty card! You did a wonderful job on this!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Stacey said...

This is beautiful, thanks for sharing it with me!!

Nicola said...

Congratulations designing your very own sentiment Mandy, it really is so touching. Love your card and your papers and details are so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sarn said...

Love everything about this card - the colour, the quote, the shape! Well done on sorting your own wordart out xxx

Susie Sugar said...

pretty pretty card xx