My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 4 February 2009

2 Sketches 4 You - Kazan # 19

I tried scanning this card in but it didn't come out very well at all so took a photo.

This card was made using Kazan's latest sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You. I made the cardblank from an A4 piece of leather effect cardstock which I cut in half lengthways. I do like using cards this way round but very rarely do I think to make them. The scalloped border was cut using my Fiskars shapecutter template.

The purple patterned paper is Papermania and the black dotty border was cut from a sheet of DCWV. Liberal amounts of clear glitter Sakura pen have been applied to tart them up!

The ribbon flower is from a roll that I bought at the NEC in November that has a string in it to gather it up. As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to make a flower using this ribbon, the centre is a brad from DCWV.

The sentiment is from Lakeland and this has been matted onto a scrap piece of black cardstock.

Love this skech and I think it will become one of my favourites.

14 comments:

Ewonne said...

Oh I just love how you made the flower! And it's a lovely sentiment!! It's an excellent card ♥♥

~dawne said...

What a pretty card & I love how you used a ribbon for the flower...great card!!

Unknown said...

Cute Ribbon Flower Mandy - just love it too when I can find the perfect embellie for a project - great job on the sketch
Hugs
Kazan

cnelson said...

soooooooo pretty!

Lulu said...

That ribbon IS wonderful! I love how irridescent it is :) Great card!!

Christina Hill said...

Great card. Love the ribbon flower and the matting for the sentiment.

**Nancy** said...

Beautiful card!!! Love that ribbon flower!!!

**Nancy** said...

Beautiful card!!! Love that ribbon flower!!!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Love the ribbon flower! Great job with Kazan's sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

Great flower !! And I love the sentiment !!

Amarins said...

Great flowers and great colours. A beautiful card.
Greetings,
Amarins

Sarn said...

Very pretty. Love flowers!

Julie Campbell said...

what a pretty card! The flowers are perfect! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge!!!

Martha said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!!
Great take on the sketch.