My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 8 January 2009

Card Sketch A Day # 124 & Wedding Card

Tomorrow we are going up to the Lake Distrist as very good friends of ours from Louth are getting married on Saturday at Kendal Registry Office.

I made their card using sketch 124 from Card Sketch a Day as they wanted a 3rd card for it yesterday. However I have just gone to the site to find that I have been beaten to it ! Never mind, it was a perfect layout for the card I needed to make anyhoo.

The base cardstock was covered with a patterned paper from the Dovecraft Wedding pack. 2 tone mirrored card from Kanban was used for the central panel. The cake is a felt embellishment from a themed pack I bought from Poundland. The ribbon is the wonderful bobble trim I like to use at every opportunity. The sentiment is a rub on from DCWV.

The gift envelope is from a wonderful Linda Bernstien box that I got from QVC which has got cards that have been pre-planned for you and all the bits are in bags ready to go. I don't generally make the cards up as they are intended, but they are great for cards in a hurry. I do like to either use the embellishments another way or as in this case embellish the card a little more. I simply placed a pink sticker from MAMBI on the card as a further message and to link it with the pink on the main card.

So I've got a nice drive up th M6 to look forward to tomorrow. I have never been to the Lakes before and I'm looking forward to it very much. Then on the way back down on Sunday we are going to pop and see a friend who has moved to Lancaster and kill 2 birds with one stone.

One of the things I want to do more this year is get out and about in the car so this is a good start!

1 comment:

Sarn said...

Very good start mate. Lovely card x