My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 24 August 2008

Kazan's Sketch #7 - Engagement card

It IS now looking very likely that both Paul and I will lose our jobs (see my last post) One of the senior managers is on Facebook and there are a lot of people from our company desperate to know what is happening. He has basically indicated that we will all be redundant and will have to claim redundancy from the Government. As we are a next day carrier and all freight was either parked up or not collected at all on Friday nothing will be delivered and the result will be that our customer's will go elsewhere. He has also confirmed there are no buyers for us soit seems like it is a done deal and over 900 people will be confirmed jobless on Tuesday. I have already updated my CV but need to find out who will give me a job reference from my company.

Anyhoo, amidst all the doom & gloom lately a wonderful thing has happened.

Paul's sister Jill went on holiday with her boyfriend Steve and whilst they were away he propsed to her - in the sea!

We are so absolutely delighted for them both and they are coming over tomorrow so I thought I'd better make a card quick.

I used Kazan's sketch #7 over on 2 Sketches 4 You and this is the result. Apologies for the bad scan. There is a lot of metallic and it hasn't shown the layers very well and I couldn't get a nice photo of it at all.

The black card was edged in a metallic gold pen. The patterned paper is a touchy feely flocked wrapping paper from Paperchase which I punched small hearts into the handcut scalloped edge. The main embellishment is Papermania metal shapes layered on black, gold and patterned paper. The sentiment is from my stash.

The base card is a textured cardstock from the Papermill. It looked a little stark so I ran a fairly dry inkpad around the edges and distressed it a bit. I'm not sure that I like it, I don't seem to have the subtle touch and think I tend to overdo it but it's too late now!

I am sure they will like it and I'm probably being overly critical. Probably indicative of the slighly narky mood I am in at the moment.

Roll on Tuesday..........lmost wish it wasn't a bank holiday tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Thank you for the kind comments on my blog and I am so sorry to hear that you and your hubby are going to be losing your jobs..but look at it this way..one door closes and another opens..I will be thinking of you and hope that you both find new jobs soon
Love
Kath
xxxxx

Tab said...

Im sorry to hear your job isnt sounding good. I hope something wonderful comes along soon.
I love that card its really pretty
love
Tab