My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Friday 1 August 2008

2 Sketches 4 You - Laura # 5

I have been on holiday this week and have had a lot more time to blog hop and stumbled across a fairly new sketch site at 2 Sketches 4 You

This is my interpretation of the most recent sketch - Laura#5. I used a rubber stamp from Paper Artsy with Tim Holtz ink pad, some lace and ribbon and the patterned paper is wallpaper. I decided to cut the cream panel down as I wanted more of the background paper to show as it is so nice. It is such a shame that the scanner doesn't pick up the slight metallic sheen this paper has. It's far too nice to be wallpaper!

This card also doubles up as entry to a challenge at Just Bex to use lace on a project.

I am really pleased with how this card turned out. It is totally not my normal style and I think my recent blog hopping has encouraged me to try something new.

8 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Mandy,
This card is stunning!!! Love the colors and the lace, very pretty!
Thanks for playing, hope to see you back at 2S4Y!
You have also been linked:)
Laura

Krista B. said...

Love your card, the stamped image looks fab : )

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Mandy - love the image and the lace but you were right not to hide the paper - can't believe it's wallpaper
Kath
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Mandy! I love the lace that you used, and that image is so cool! I bet this looks stunning IRL! Great work with the sketch! :)

Thank you also for the sweet words you left on my blog...it made my day! :-D

ohradiogirl said...

Nice colors and a good looking card too.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! :) I really love the colours and that lace!

Joke said...

Lovely colours and that lace is yummy. I should go to the shop to buy some myself.

Joke

Ã…shild said...

What a beautiful stamp! Me like :) And your card is just as beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)