My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 19 July 2008

One of my bestest friends at work Laura was leaving to have a baby and I knew I would be the one to make her leabving card.

I bought the template for this baby book from Craft Central a couple of months ago. As soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect for her.

As we didn't know the expected sex of the baby I decided I would alternate the blue and pink colours throughout. I am especially pleased with this is it made the individual letters stand out so much better.

There is a slideshow below of the individual pages. I have used papers and embellishments from my stash and they have come from various manufacturers. I basically just gathered together all my baby stuff and just went for it. ! There are papers from Doodlebug, DCWV, magazine freebies and baby kits from Poundland.

Embellishments are as follows

- Epoxy stickers from Paperchase, Poundland, LMC,
- Chipboard from QVC DCWV TSV, wonderful themed drawers set which just happened to have loads of baby stuff, YAY!!
- 3d stickers from Poundland
- Printed embellishments courtesy of printable scrapbooking freebies from the tinterweb.

Printed ribbons were a recent purchase and many, many offcuts were tied to the book rings on the spine.

I spent a long time getting everything together for this project and I am REALLY pleased with how it turned out. Laura means a hell of a lot to me and I wanted to do something very special for her. She absolutely loved it.

No comments: