My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 14 June 2008

Photo Session

On Thursday I went to one of those Makeover and Photo shoot experiences which my hubby bought me as a present last year. I kept leaving it as I was a bit nervous about doing it and also wanted to look as good as possible with losing weight.

I had my hair cut, and my nails done and full make-up and then onto the photo shoot. At all points they are trying to get you to buy what they are using on you. The makeup alone would have cost over £200 . The whole process took about 4 hours.

I had photos taken with and without my glasses and changed into 3 different outfits. The photographer was great and put me at ease, getting me to do allsorts of different poses with different backgrounds. I was bricking it at first but soon got into it and my smiles became more natural.

You look at the photos on a monitor afterwards and we had 55, we whittled these down to 20 I was happy with. I'd asked about putting them onto a disc but you are paying for the copyright of the images and 20 cost £1400, obviously no way I was going to pay that much. I'd prepaid £100 which gives you £200 on the day and got a free 7" x 5" photo with the session anyway. This would have meant I could have 5 photos without paying any more money.

We were more ruthless with cutting it back and brought it down to 9. I'd paid a £25 refundable deposit to make sure I kept to the appointment so she said if I paid another £75 she would do me another 4 photos. I thought this was quite good as she was matching what it would have been if I had prepaid.

The bad news is I have to wait about 5 weeks for the photos and they are sent in the post by recorded delivery thankfully!

They will be worth it though as I looked so pretty. I honestly never thought it would be possible for me to look as nice as I did. Most are with my glasses off and it has made me more determined to move over to contacts with the ultimate goal to have laser treatment done in the future.

All in all it was a great experience and I want my photos NOW !!!

No comments: