My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 15 June 2008

Driving Test Congratulations

The daughter of my friend next door has just passed her driving test so I made a card to congratulate her.

The backing paper is from DCWV. The car is cut using a plastic template from Papercrafts Inspirations magazine. It is cut from one of my many card scraps. The wheels are Do crafts button brads from a recent QVC TSV.

The sentiment is from Let's Make Cards which I mounted onto black card and cut corners with a south west punch. I always forget I have this and really like the results it gives. The L plate is just a simple scrap of card cut through with deckle edge scissors.

The thing I am most proud of is the key which I made from just playing about with shapes. The metal edge was cut with deckle scissors until it looked like a key. This was then stuck to a scrap of card with the edges cut off. The letter D was attached with a jump ring and is a Quickutz Olivia letter.

I am really pleased with how it came out and will probably make it again in the future.

1 comment:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Brilliant card ,love the papers you have used and the card for your sis in law is gorgeous great work ,Dawnx