My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Paul's Valentine

This is the card I made for my likkle love using Di Hickman's 1st February sketch. I saw this sketch whilst I was on holiday and just knew straight away what I wanted to do with it.

I used some Rob & Bob paper that I bought ages ago for the main background and stamped 'kisses' around each box using some clear HOTP stamps that I had in a QVC TSV. 1st time I have used these and the impression came out really clearly using a Versafine inkpad. I do like this inkpad and am very tempted to buy some in different colours.

The heart is a Sizzlits die cut and the scalloped circles were cut using my new Nestabilities set. This is the first time I have used them and although I had a bit of trouble getting the sandwich right in the Big Shot eventually I was able to get some really nice crisp cuts and the results are perfect. I added some dots to the outside for definition and mounted on 3d foam.

The card is a lot bigger than I would have made usually as the background block dictated the size (it's about 13" x 8") but it's come out just as I pictured it so I am really happy.

3 comments:

Spot-On said...

beautiful card! love the paper with the heart! Great work, tfs!

Kerryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerryn said...

great card mandy. love the heart in the scalloped circle and the kisses around the squares!