My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 27 December 2007

Happy Birthday CJ

It was our Nephew's birthday on Christmas Day and this is the card I made for him. He's now 11 and getting VERY cool so I thought I needed to do something different, but didn't know what.

I happened to get an email from a store with a sale starting so went to browse, saw this Cuttlebug folder (which I already had but not used before) and was inspired.

One of my forum buddies had uploaded a card which had been embossed on acetate so I embossed a full folder with that and it came out really well. I am so impressed with these folders as the image is so very crisp. I inked the raised words and layered it on blue so it stood out. This makes it look like a subtle shine on the card which I was pleased with. I then embossed a piece of white card and cut out individual words that summed up what we think of CJ the most. He is growing up to be a lovely young lad and we are very proud of him.

The 'medal' is a Papermania Tag with a Cuttlebug embossing folder inserted in it and embellished with ribbons and the die cut lettering is my new Sizzlits alphabet Round a Bout bought from the Ellison's sale (75% off, what a bargain !)

I wasn't sure if he would like the card or not as this is the first 'grown up' design that I have made for him but he loved it.

No comments: